Do & Don'ts Of E-Banking
You should be vigilant, cautions and make security a priority. In doing So, you will eliminate the threads of cyber crime and enjoy a safe online environment. Common
measures that one should practice to enjoy safe e-Banking experiences are as follow:
- Make sure you keep your password and account login information in a safe and secure place. Never share this information with anyone
through an email.
- Always visit Prabhu Bank e-Banking site through the URL https://www.prabhubank.com.np directly (or) through Prabhu Bank's home page http://www.Prabhubank.com.
- User your USER ID and Password only at the authenticated login page.
- Before using your USER ID and Password, Please ensure that the page displayed is an https:// page and not in http:// page.
Please also look for the lock sign at the right bottom of the browser and the certificate from the verification authorities.
- Do Check your account statement regularly and ensure that it is correct in every aspect. Incase of your discrepancies, immediately contact to the Bank.
- Please remember that the Bank would never ask you to verify your account information through an e-mail.
- Update your PC with latest anti-virus and spyware software regulary.
- Do report any erroneous entries to Bank immediately if you observe any discrepancy.
- We recommend that a suitable firewall may be installed in your PC to protect the contents from outsiders on the internet.
- Always completely log off your online banking website. Don't simply close the webpage.
- Do not provid any information on a page which might have come up as a pop-up window.
- Never Provide your password over the phone or in response to an unsolicited request over e-mail.
- Don't use your birth date, telephone number and others as password which is easier for others to guess.
- Always remember that information like password/PIN etc. is strictly confidential and are not known even to employees/service personal of the Bank.
You should therefore, never divulge such information even if asked for.
- Don't do transactions like banking on a public computer/computer you're not familiar with (such as computers at cyber cafes).
- Don't disclose personal information which includes: Telephone Number, Bank Details and Physical Address, unless you know who is collecting the information
, why they are collecting it and how they will use it.
- Don't give payment information to businesses you don't know or trust.
- Don't give your password or payment information ot anyone online - not even your Internet Service Provider(ISP).